First beauty related blogpost, how about that huh? First off, I just want to clarify that I'm only going to write about cruelty free beauty. Also, when I started the blog, I asked if anyone wanted translated posts and it turned out some wished for such. My thought is therefore to make my beauty related posts in English, and we’ll see about my posts about my everyday life. Maybe I’ll write in both languages, maybe not. I’m still struggling a bit with not having stable wifi, so I’ll see how I feel when that’s more settled.
Enough about all that jazz! In my first week here in Melbourne, I searched for big makeup stores (obviously) and I found Mecca. From what I’ve seen those stores seem really nice! Among other brands I found Stila and their glorious liquid eyeshadows. One that I just could not leave the store without was Stila Magnificent metals glitter and glow liquid eye shadow in Molten Midnight.
This is an amazing black based liquid eyeshadow filled with chunky golden glitter. It is really opaque and the glitter adheres so very well! I’ve so far used it in one makeup look, where I just smacked it on all over the lid and under the eye. As long as you don’t wait too long (before it dries down) it is also quite easy to blend (preferably with fingers or a cotton bud). If you apply it with the applicator you will get more or less sharp edges, but that is not a problem because of its blendability (this should be a word, right?).
So, how about the longevity of the product then? I applied it heavily and wore it for a night out (approximately 8 hours being all over town, living life) and when I were to wash it off it looked almost the same as when I had just applied it, only a tiny bit creased (but honestly, I felt like that just added to the grunginess).
I wore it applied on top of Cyprus Umber from the Anastasia Beverlyhills Modern Renaissance palette, and softened the edges with Warm Taupe from the same palette. Other details are listed below.
- Kat von D Beauty Lock-It Concealer Crème; Light 3
- Lumene Blur Foundation; 0 Light Ivory
- IsaDora Face Sculptor; Nude
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance eyeshadow palette; Warm Taupe, Cyprus Umber
- Stila Magnificent metals glitter and glow liquid eye shadow in Molten Midnight
- Kicks Beauty Daring False Lash Mascara; Black
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer (inner corner highlight)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade; Dark Brown
- Kat von D Beauty Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita II